November Is Diabetes Awareness Month
Download Promotional Materials for your Office!
November is Diabetes Awareness Month!
APMA has Provided English & Spanish Language Promotional Materials to Share With Your Patients and on Your Social Media Channels.
This year, the APMA Communications Committee discussed the need to educate men in general and Hispanic men in particular about the importance of diabetic foot care provided by a podiatrist. The campaign emphasizes that it’s time (es hora) to take care of chronic conditions such as diabetes and prevent complications in the feet. It also addresses some diabetes myths common among Hispanic communities. We extend our sincere gratitude to Javier LaFontaine, DPM, MS, of Texas for serving as our campaign spokesperson and helping us to build a variety of materials we think will be educational for patients and useful for member podiatrists. Many of our materials are also available in Spanish.
Be sure to post about Diabetes Awareness Month on your social media channels
- Post Diabetes Awareness Posters in your Offices
- Share Dr. LaFontaine’s Spanish-language video message, as well: https://youtu.be/yetffm9twfk
- 'Its Time' ('Es Hora') Member Press Release
- 'Its Time' ('Es Hora') Feature Article
- 'Its Time' ('Es Hora') Referral Letter
Please share these materials!